Enjoy a Gorgeous, Uniform Smile
Dealing with partial or complete tooth loss can have a dramatic effect on your ability to eat and speak. It can also cause you to feel disappointed or embarrassed by your appearance, affecting everything from your social life to your career. At Dental Associates of Corona, we offer a complete, beautiful smile with dentures.
Dentures come in a variety of options tailored to your unique needs, offering the most efficient and budget-friendly solution of dental prosthetics. All dentures are removable, composed of high-quality acrylic pink “gums” and white porcelain “teeth” for a complete smile that restores your function and appearance. Because tooth loss occurs in a diverse array of patterns, we offer more than one solution to suit your needs, including:
- Traditional Dentures: Traditional dentures rest on your gums, relying on the natural suction created by your mouth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant supported dentures rest over dental implant posts that your dentist will surgically place in your jawbone in strategically chosen locations. We will create a modified denture with openings to fit securely over implant posts.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures include metal clasps that rest over your natural teeth for added stability. This type of denture replaces partial tooth loss in any configuration, either side-by-side or scattered across your arch.
- Complete Dentures: Complete dentures replace one full arch of teeth. You may wear one at a time, or two complete dentures.
The Advantages of Dentures
Dentures provide patients who wish to restore their smiles in the wake of tooth loss with a variety of advantages, including:
- Dentures are appropriate for individuals of all ages
- You may choose from traditional or implant-supported complete or partial dentures
- They are budget-friendly, particularly when compared with other restorative solutions like dental implants
- Dentures restore the structure of your lower face, preventing your lips and soft tissues from sinking in, while offering you a renewed, more youthful appearance
- Dentures are removable, which makes for easy daily cleaning of both the prosthetic and your teeth and gums
When Should You See Your Corona Dentist?
While most patients make excellent candidates for traditional dentures, your doctor will determine your candidacy for implant-retained prosthetics on a case-by-case basis. Dental implants require a strong, healthy jawbone for successful placement and support of dentures. Your Corona family dentist will visually examine your mouth and will use advanced imaging technology, such as a CT scan, to come to a conclusion. For poor jaw health, your dentist may recommend bone grafting to improve your jawbone health before moving forward with implant surgery.