Your Moreno Valley dentist wonders how well you know the role that fluoride plays in your oral health. Are you certain about what you need to do to take it in or whether you need to be careful regarding the amount? This is a topic that can be tricky for many patients, often because they attempt to self-monitor and evaluate their smiles on their own. Discover a little bit more (and take our reminder to keep up with preventive dentistry) with a fun little quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: It’s important that you receive adequate amounts of fluoride to keep your smile healthy. However, your Moreno Valley dentist explains that too little or too much can be dangerous.
- True or False: If you need more fluoride, you should seek out supplements at the drugstore.
- True or False: If there is fluoride in your town’s water supply, you should avoid fluoridated toothpaste to protect your oral health.
- True. Too little can leave your teeth vulnerable to tooth decay and they may not remain quite as strong. Too much – this is particularly a problem for young developing teeth – can lead to cosmetic damage.
- False. If you think you need more fluoride, you should speak with your Moreno Valley dentist. Your levels are impossible to determine on your own. If we find you require more, we will provide you with specific recommendations for achieving that goal.
- False. In general, patients end up receiving a beneficial amount of fluoride through the combination of their drinking water and fluoridated toothpaste. If you are worried that your oral health is suffering due to this issue or another, simply schedule a dental checkup with us for answers.
Riverside Dental Group and Dental Associate Offices Serves a Community Near You!
Our dentists look forward to caring for you and every member of your family with a comprehensive selection of services. We will maintain and improve your oral health with a wide range of preventive, cosmetic, restorative, implant, and emergency dentistry techniques. We also specialize in endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics, serving patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.