RESTORE YOUR SMILE
We invite our patients seeking a cost-effective solution for replacing missing teeth to speak with us about dental bridges. This prosthetic option offers a beautiful solution to addressing partial tooth loss. You can once again enjoy a complete smile.
Bridging the Gap in Your Smile
We suggest dental bridges for individuals who desire a fixed prosthetic that replaces one tooth or up to three teeth in a row. A bridge is designed to replace a series of teeth in a row, rather than teeth spread across an arch, which may require a partial denture.
The bridge looks like a series of artificial teeth. On each end is an anchor crown, or hollow artificial tooth, which we will bond over your natural teeth on either side of your open space. Within the space resting between the anchor crowns are artificial teeth called pontics. Once in place, the device acts by permanently bridging the gap from one side of the opening to the other.
Benefits of Bridges
Patients sometimes consider tooth replacement a cosmetic treatment, but restoring your smile after tooth loss is considered restorative for a variety of reasons. Benefits include:
- Filling the open space prevents trapped food, which creates more effective and less challenging oral hygiene
- Bridges offer a fixed, rather than removable, solution to missing teeth
- You may speak with greater clarity
- Your ability to chew a wider variety of foods will make meal time more enjoyable
- We encourage patients to replace missing teeth so that surrounding natural teeth do not migrate into the open area and cause misalignment
- Bridges present a budget-friendly alternative to other solutions, such as dental implants
Qualifying for Treatment
In most cases, you will qualify for treatment if you are missing one tooth or no more than three teeth in a row. Because a bridge is designed to rely on support from natural abutment teeth, the tooth that lies on either side of the opening must be healthy and strong enough to support a prosthetic device.