Shift Teeth Into Proper Alignment
The alignment of your smile plays a large role in the way you feel about your appearance. Often, your occlusion – or your bite – also makes a significant impact on your oral health. For patients considering addressing their misaligned smiles, we encourage you to visit us at Oasis Family Dental to discuss the best orthodontic treatment for your smile.
Orthodontic care focuses on improving your occlusion. Individuals with poor bites may suffer from top and bottom teeth that fit together poorly, overlapped teeth, spaces, or a combination of dental concerns. Our goal is to realign both arches of teeth so they function well independently as well as together, while offering cosmetic improvement.
Your Orthodontic Consultation
We encourage patients to visit us for a complimentary consultation, so you can feel relaxed and free of pressure when you decide it is time to improve your smile. Your dentist will examine your mouth and make also take advanced images with digital X-rays or an intraoral camera. A more detailed understanding of your mouth allows your doctor to create an accurate and detailed plan for customized care. During your initial visit or a follow-up, we will take impressions of your top and bottom teeth on which we will base the dimensions of your treatment.
About Our Orthodontic Treatments
Patients visit us with a variety of malocclusions, which is why we offer a comprehensive selection of orthodontic treatments, including:
- Traditional Braces: This system includes the use of metal or clear brackets and wires to shift your teeth into place. Braces are often suggested in the case of severe misalignment or for individuals who have trouble keeping up with removable treatment trays.
- Gold Braces: Gold braces are traditional braces that utilize gold-plated brackets and wires instead of traditional stainless-steel ones. The gold appearance offers a more esthetically pleasing result, making your braces almost a fashion accessory.
- Clear Braces: Like traditional braces, we use metal brackets and wires to improve the alignment of the teeth. However, clear braces involve the use of ceramic brackets and tooth-colored arch wires. Patients then enjoy less noticeable orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign: This system utilizes a series of clear, BPA-free plastic aligner trays. Similar in cost and effectiveness to traditional braces, patients enjoy the removability, comfort, and nearly invisible treatment.
- Permanent Retainers: Once your treatment is complete, your teeth may shift out of alignment. By wearing a permanent retainer, patients will enjoy the long-term benefits of orthodontic care with a consistently aligned smile.
Am I A Good Candidate For Orthodontic Care?
Nearly all patients with misalignment issues make wonderful candidates for treatment, including those suffering from overbites, underbites, overcrowding, crossbites, open bites, and spacing. However, if your smile includes permanent prosthetics like a dental bridge, you may not qualify for treatment, and your dentist will suggest an alternative solution.