How familiar have you become with the effects of sleep apnea? Do you know why we suggest sleep apnea treatment if we discover you are struggling with this sleep disorder? In many instances, patients – particularly those who have not yet begun dealing with the health problems associated with interrupted sleep – will assume they can put off treatment for a while. However, the longer you avoid treatment, the more your chance of a depleted quality of life. Find out how well you know how sleep apnea may affect you by considering the answers to a quick quiz.
Sleep Apnea Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest our patients dealing with sleep apnea seek sleep apnea treatment because it will help them sleep soundly throughout the night without the use of medication.
- True or False: Another common reason we suggest you visit us for treatment is the fact that this sleep disorder can have a disastrously negative effect on your personal life.
- True or False: If you wait too long to seek treatment, you may feel extremely tired. However, you don’t need to worry about your overall wellbeing.
- True. You may find with sleep apnea that, though you can take a pill to fall asleep – tranquilizing medication often contributes to the over-relaxation of your throat muscles (the main factor in the nightly obstruction of your airways). Our sleep apnea treatment keeps your breathing steady with the simple use of an oral appliance, so you remain asleep.
- True. We suggest you achieve improved sleep immediately because exhaustion may lead to moodiness and depression, trouble focusing on your work, and even difficulty with your relationships.
- False. The risk of health problems like cardiac arrest, stroke, and hypertension immediately begin to increase and continue to threaten your health when you begin experiencing sleep apnea.
Riverside Dental Group and Dental Associate Offices Serves a Community Near You!
Our dentists look forward to caring for you and every member of your family with a comprehensive selection of services. We will maintain and improve your oral health with a wide range of preventive, cosmetic, restorative, implant, and emergency dentistry techniques. We also specialize in endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics, serving patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.