Your oral health is connected to your entire wellbeing. Riverside Dental Group provides excellent dental care throughout Riverside County. Our group of talented dentists and dental professionals provide cosmetic, general, and restorative dentistry for your entire family. How much do you know about your teeth and oral health? Take the short quiz below to test your dental knowledge!
What’s Your Dentistry IQ?
- Teeth are living structures. True/False
- Tooth loss is a natural part of the aging process. True/False
- Periodontitis is the inflammation and infection of gum tissue. True/False
- Incisors and bicuspids are types of teeth. True/False
- Flossing your teeth daily is not necessary. True/False
- Tartar is hardened plaque. True/False
- Tartar buildup can only be removed by handheld dental tools. True/False
- Tooth enamel is made of minerals. True/False
- Bacteria cannot harm your teeth unless your enamel is damaged. True/False
- Sugar damages your tooth enamel. True/False
- True – Teeth are living structures. The interior parts of teeth contain cellular material and nerves.
- False – Teeth are meant to last a lifetime. The most common cause of tooth loss is gum disease. Traumatic tooth injuries and decay also contribute to tooth loss.
- True – Periodontitis (advanced gum disease) is a severe medical condition.
- True – Bicuspids and incisors are types of teeth along with canines and molars.
- False – Flossing prevents gum disease by cleaning in between teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach and disrupting bacteria that accumulate along the gum line.
- True – Plaque hardens into tartar within two days. Tartar buildup contributes to gum disease.
- True – Brushing and flossing cannot remove tartar. Only handheld dental tools remove tartar.
- True – Composed of minerals, tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body.
- True – Bacteria cannot penetrate healthy tooth enamel.
- False – Sugar is dangerous because it feeds bacteria but it does not damage tooth enamel. Acid causes enamel damage.
Riverside Dental Group provides total oral care including periodontic, endodontic, and orthodontic services. For questions or to schedule an appointment, contact one of our locations nearest you. We serve patients from Moreno, Temecula, Corona, Woodcrest, Orangecrest, and Riverside County.