Address Tooth Loss
Tooth loss has a dramatic effect on your life. An open space in your smile not only disrupts your appearance but also your ability to use your teeth to their full potential. For individuals missing one tooth or up to three teeth in a row, you may find that you experience difficult daily hygiene, only partially successful chewing, and difficulty enunciating your words. Dental bridges provide a suitable, esthetically pleasing solution to filling the openings, so you can enjoy a functional, complete smile.
Dental bridges replace one tooth or up to three teeth that sit next to one another. Like the name suggests, the fixed series of artificial teeth “bridge the gap” in your smile. Support comes from dental crowns on either end of the device, which we will cement permanently over the anchor tooth – or your natural tooth – that sits on either side of your opening. Connected between these end crowns are pontics – additional artificial teeth – that restore your smile. The color-matched replacement teeth will blend with your surrounding smile for a natural-looking finish.
Benefits of Bridges
Choosing a dental bridge to replace your missing teeth awards you a wealth of benefits, including:
- Bridges replace one or a series of teeth with a single device
- You will regain your ability to enunciate your words for clear speaking
- You will regain your ability to chew effectively and comfortably for improved nutrition and enjoyment
- The bridge will fill the open space in your smile for a more uniform appearance and less challenging dental hygiene
- Bridges are fixed, which means you will not need to worry about removing and replacing them
Dental bridges offer a wonderful solution for replacing one or multiple teeth in a row but they are not for everyone. If your tooth loss pattern includes opening spread across your arch, you may require partial dentures. Or, if your anchor teeth are not healthy enough to support the bridge, we may suggest alternative solutions.