Emergency Dentistry Visits for Sudden Needs
When a dental mishap or sudden discomfort occurs, it is nice to know you have access to immediate care. Our team at Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest is happy to offer emergency dentistry.
What Is A Dental Emergency?
If your concern is urgent, either because your discomfort is not bearable or because you need immediate care to protect the life of your tooth, you qualify for immediate care. Common emergency situations include broken or dislodged teeth, minor injuries, or severe discomfort. However, if you experience a true medical emergency that threatens your life, visit your local ER or contact 911 immediately.
When Can You See Me?
We make ourselves available as often as possible, scheduling same day appointments, so we may see you during office hours. Or, we offer late appointments or after hours appointments depending on your particular needs.
Before You Visit Us
Before you leave home to visit our office for your emergency appointment, we encourage you to follow some simple steps:
- Remain calm and ask a friend or loved one to drive you to your appointment if you feel nervous or are in severe discomfort.
- Apply pressure to a bleeding area using clean fabric.
- Take over-the-counter analgesics to reduce discomfort or swelling.
- Place a cold compress over an area that hurts or that has swollen.
- Place a dislodged tooth under lukewarm water being careful to ensure attached tissue remains intact – try to return the tooth to its original location in your mouth without using force. If this fails, place the tooth in a sealed container filled with either milk or saltwater.
- Collect the pieces of a broken tooth and place them in a sealed container.