Complete Your Smile
Tooth loss can greatly affect your daily quality of life, even if you are only missing one tooth. The open space in your mouth may cause problems with eating and speaking. In addition, patients often feel embarrassed by open spaces in their smiles. By visiting Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest, you may find that a dental bridge offers the teeth replacement solution you need.
About Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is cemented into your mouth, making it a permanent or “fixed” prosthetic. Bridges are appropriate for individuals missing one tooth or up to three teeth side-by-side. On each end of the dental bridge is a dental crown. These crowns look like a natural tooth and will be placed over your anchor teeth. Your anchor teeth include one natural tooth on either side of your open space. They support the dental bridge. The bridge also includes one or a series of pontics – or artificial teeth – between the crowns. These replacement teeth fill the open space in your smile.
What Are The Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
The benefits of bridges include:
- They offer a more budget-friendly solution for a single or multiple missing teeth than dental implants
- A bridge is fixed, offering excellent stability
- We will color-match the crowns and pontics in your bridge to blend beautifully with your surrounding smile
- You will regain daily comfort, eating comfortably and speaking clearly
- Filling the open space will prevent food from becoming trapped in your open space, improving comfort and ease of oral hygiene
Am I A Good Candidate?
This treatment is appropriate for individuals with healthy anchor teeth who are missing one tooth or up to three teeth in a row. For greater tooth loss, or individuals whose teeth will not successfully support a bridge, we may suggest alternative solutions like implants or partial dentures.