Your Corona dentist knows you are not happy about your canker sore. As a result, you have at your disposal the use of one very helpful quiz. By answering true-or-false questions to the best of your ability (and then considering the answers), you will quickly discover the relief, answers, and guidance you require to do something about that painful sore. Before you know it, your smile will be back to its comfortable self!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Canker sores just show up for no reason whatsoever. As a result, you cannot do anything to make them stay away.
- True or False: You should come see us the second you notice a canker in your mouth, suggests your Corona dentist.
- True or False: If you have cankers then you are likely going to develop cold sores, too.
- False. There’s no one particular underlying cause. Instead, there are many possible factors. You may have inherited the likelihood of developing canker sores. You may have bitten your cheek, eaten foods too acidic or spicy and irritated your mouth, stress may play a role, and the list goes on from there. Relaxing, protecting your soft tissues, and eating a milder diet may help.
- False. These sores usually heal without much assistance. The only reason to come in to see us is if you notice that it’s been a couple weeks and the sore is not going away. Or, if this is one of the worst you have ever had and you don’t think it’s normal.
- False. Herpes simplex type 1 is the virus responsible for cold sores (or fever blisters). This is different from canker sores, which are not caused by the herpes virus, explains your Corona dentist.
Call Us To Set Up An Appointment For A Worrisome Sore
If you are dealing with a sore but you are not sure what it is or how to treat it, feel free to contact us to set up a visit. Give us a call in Corona, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.