We know that when you’re dragging yourself to the breakfast table and the only thing you’ve got on your mind is your morning coffee, the last thing you want is someone telling you coffee is bad for your smile. However, it is acidic and it can lead to some issues for your oral health. However, for a friendlier approach to helping you maintain a healthy smile throughout breakfast and beyond, your Moreno Valley dentist offers a quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you don’t eat anything for breakfast in the mornings or you don’t eat anything acidic, sugar-laden, or carb-heavy, you don’t really need to brush your teeth.
- True or False: Your Moreno Valley dentist explains that your choices at the breakfast table can have a significant impact on your oral health.
- True or False: An easy way to eat what you like, while limiting the effects, is drinking water with your meal to wash food and acidic beverages from your smile.
- False. Dental hygiene is always important. No matter what, you need to brush twice a day (once in the morning, of course, and at night) to remove plaque that forms whether or not you eat a meal.
- True. When you choose a lot of foods and drinks that are acidic (like your morning coffee or cup of juice), very sugary, or packed with carbs (like pastries), your mouth becomes more acidic. The result? Attacked tooth enamel that is more vulnerable to decay, your Moreno Valley dentist explains.
- True. Water will help you rinse away problematic particles, while neutralizing your mouth. It’s also good for your body and helps you remain hydrated!
Ask Your Moreno Valley Dentist Your Questions
When you have questions about anything, from what to eat to how to care for your smile, just ask. Give us a call in Moreno Valley, CA to schedule a consultation with your dentist. We are proud to serve patients from Riverside, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Corona, and all surrounding California communities. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations nearest to you:
Riverside Dental Group at Magnolia in Riverside, CA at (951) 689-5031.
Dental Associates of Moreno Valley in Moreno Valley, CA at (951) 697-6800.
Riverside Dental Group at Woodcrest in Riverside, CA at (951) 776-9001.
Oasis Family Dental in Temecula, CA at (951) 695-2290.
Dental Associates of Riverside in Riverside, CA at (951) 369-1001.
Dental Associates of Corona in Corona, CA at (951) 273-9580.