Do you know if you’re doing your best when it comes to protecting your child’s smile from tooth decay? Are you certain you are doing a wonderful job with the information you have but you are concerned you might be overlooking an essential aspect of preventive care? Don’t worry – we are happy to offer detailed demonstrations and suggestions during your visits. For now, go ahead and make your way through a quick quiz that will reveal how much you really know (while offering some helpful tips).
Child Tooth Decay Prevention Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If your child is having consistent problems with cavities, we suggest you schedule preventive care visits three times a year. Otherwise, for healthy smiles, we suggest you schedule a visit once annually.
- True or False: Preventing tooth decay in your child’s smile can always be helped by brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and avoiding sugar.
- True or False: We often suggest dental sealants and fluoride treatments for supplemental, exceptional protection against tooth decay.
- False. For healthy smiles – and those in need of extra care – we suggest you schedule at least two preventive care visits every year, so we can keep up with the progress of your child’s smile (and remove plaque and tartar buildup).
- True. Keeping teeth and gums clean is the key factor in avoiding problems like tooth decay. In addition, reducing sugar intake is always beneficial for teeth.
- True. Taking advantage of these preventive care treatments offers immense protection against cavity development in children’s teeth.
ABOUT YOUR TEMECULA, CA DENTISTS:
At Oasis Family Dental, your dentists look forward to caring for you and every member of your family with a comprehensive selection of services. We will maintain and improve your oral health with preventive, cosmetic, restorative, implant, and emergency dentistry. We also specialize in endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics, serving patients from Riverside, CA and all surrounding locations. To schedule an appointment, contact us today at (951) 695-2290.